Motorcycle Insurance in the greater Los Angeles area
Why do you need insurance for your motorcycle?
Freedom on the open road is even better when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers, or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- The cost to fix or replace a damaged or stolen motorcycle is significant.
- If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, the medical costs can be astronomical.
- If your motorcycle is responsible for injury to others or damage, you can be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- As a reflection of your freedom, your motorcycle deserves special protection.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Your specialist is an advocate for getting insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you get ready for the discussion:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is damaged, in an accident, or stolen? (Ask your representative what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- What programs and discounts are available? (Taking safety classes or having multiple policies can give you great discounts. You may also save money if you belong to a motorcycle association or your motorcycle is stored in a garage.)
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- How good is the insurance company’s reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims promptly and fairly?
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?